Makeup Tips & Tricks for Steamy Park Days

Let's be honest: it's hot in Florida 90% of the time. And a full day at the park can take a toll on you. So, what about those time you'd like to put some makeup on but would prefer for it not to melt off? Well, have no fear! I am here to help! After spending many 100+ degree weather days at the parks, I *think* I've mastered the whole "I want to wear makeup but I don't want it to sweat off" thing. Let's get started!

**Disclaimer: The products shown below are products I have 
purchased myself and I am not sponsored to share them**

1. Moisturizer (with SPF) (Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen)

The first step is the most important one, whether you wear makeup or not: SPF Daily Moisturizer. I have combination skin (oily & dry) and have found that the best Face Moisturizer to use is Olay's Complete Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen. This moisturizer has SPF 30 in it which is so important for a day spent at the parks. On a "picture perfect" Florida Day, there is not a cloud in the sky which means the hot sun is out and strong. Protection is key! This is also a great base to put the rest of your makeup on top of. However, sometimes SPF 30 just isn't enough. During the Summer Months, when it is extremely warm and sunny in WDW, I use Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection with SPF 50. This particular sunscreen is great for sensitive skin and very lightweight (yay Baby products!) I would even go as far as to say that I use this one 60% more than I use the Olay one. (the sun is intense in Lake Buena Vista...)

2. Primer (NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer)

Once you've protected your beautiful face from the sun the next step is, what I think to be, one of the main reasons my makeup stays all day. Primer seems like an extra step but believe me when I say it will keep your makeup in place. Whether it's mildly hot or really hot, your face will sweat (even if you don't see/feel it!) That's just the way our bodies work. To prevent my foundation and concealer from washing away and becoming splotchy, I always start with NYX's Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer. (You will notice that a lot of the products I show you here will be from the brand NYX. I love all their products and they are extremely affordable!). This particular primer is my favorite! I've tried many different ones with my favorite foundation (that I will share in a bit) and NYX's Angel Veil seems to be the best fit to work with my foundation.


*Note: I do all my eye makeup first before putting on my foundation and concealer. After many years of eye shadow/eyeliner mistakes, I've realized that it is easier to clean up your eyes and THEN put on your foundation/concealer than it is to have to reapply it after you wipe it off because of a mistake on your eye makeup. But please do whatever you are most comfortable with!


3. Eyebrow Pencil (NYX Micro Brow Pencil)

In this Day in Age of "Instagram Eyebrows" finding the best (and easiest) product to take your eyebrows to the next level can be hard. I have tried many (mannnnny...) different products and this duo eyebrow pencil from NYX is my favorite. The Micro Brow Pencil comes in eight different colors and also has a Spoolie attachment at the other end. The retractable pencil is very easy to use and thin enough that mistakes are less likely. I've been filling in my eyebrows for 3+ years now since they seem to take their sweet time to grow out naturally (thank you 2000s "thin brows" trends....) and I appreciate the ease of this pencil. It's also quite affordable in comparison to other popular eyebrow products and, to me, works just as well! I have yet to have a problem with this pencil and the hot Florida sun but, just in case, I secure my pencil work with the next product.

4. Eyebrow Wax (NYX Eyebrow Shaper)

Yep, another NYX product. (Seriously, they are great and inexpensive!) Now this product is definitely a preference kind of product. Some people do not like the feel of wax or gel on their eyebrows and I totally get it! I use this product because, like my curly hair, my eyebrows are unruly and would never stay put without some wax. You can also use this as a before or after wax. I put this on before I use my Eyebrow Pencil just so I have a solid and tame canvas to work on. However, you can definitely use it after you have colored your eyebrows in to set them in place (just be careful not to use too much and ruin your hard work!) Note: no, this wax will not melt with the hot sun. Yes, I had someone ask me this once... 

5. Eyeshadow Primer (Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original)

I. Swear. By. Eyeshadow. Primer. Even if I am not wearing eyeshadow, I do not put anything on my eyelids without putting eyeshadow primer on first. This one is definitely a must to keeping your eyeliner intact all day. After many different tests, my favorite is Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. These primers come in a few different kinds (Original, Age Defying, ect.) and I like to use the Original one. It's a nice skin tone color and just melts into your eyelids. This primer is a bit pricier than others but honestly, it is worth it. I have yet to have it fail on me. I very rarely put on eye shadow to go to the parks but it honestly is the only way my eyeliner stays put, sweat and all.


6. Eye Liner (Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner)

Now we get to the fun stuff, eye liner! This is the one product I have actively tested over and over again until I found the right one because (next to mascara) eye liner is the first thing to run when it's hot and you are sweating. This liquid liner is gold and very easy to apply! Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner is essentially an eye liner pen with a soft and thin tip. It comes in 12 different colors so you can have fun! After applying, you do need to give it a few seconds to dry but after that it. will. not. move. Seriously, I have run my finger over it and it has stayed put. I use the Waterproof one because, as anyone that knows me will tell you, I cry for everything, especially at Disney (and ESPECIALLY during Happily Ever After). But the waterproof helps a lot with the sweating too! And if you put on your eyeshadow primer beforehand, this liner will last you 12+ hours in the parks.




7. Mascara (Covergirl Lashblast Volume Waterproof)

Another affordable and wonderful product! I use this mascara everyday. Even on days where I beat my face for the gods. I often get asked if I'm wearing falsies and I love telling people "Nope! It's just my mascara!" Covergirl's Lashblast Volume Waterproof is the real deal, ya'll! Of course, this is waterproof because again, sweating (and crying) will happen and we don't need black tears streaming down the face. The wand with this mascara is one of my favorites. It really separates the lashes and the formula has yet to clump up on me. Definitely one of my go-to's!




8. Concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles)

Now that we have finished our eyes, we can head into the final steps! Now, this order is unconventional but hear me out. As a Cuban-American girl, dark under eye circles are just hereditary, no matter how much sleep I get. For many years, I have been using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles and it has yet to do me wrong. The formula comes in 12 different shades and is light weight but pigmented and definitely helps with those days that I wake up with puffy bags (probably from crying my life away during Happily Ever After....).  It's also a wonderful overall concealer. The reason I put this on first and then my foundation is because of how dark my circles are. I use this concealer as a "base" of sorts and finish it off with my foundation.


9. Foundation (L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation)

Don't worry, kids! We're almost done! Just gotta seal up the face! I got another affordable drug store product for you all! And boy do I love this one! L'Oreal Paris' Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is quite the foundation. First off, it's matte which is so important when we are dealing with the hot sun and sweaty faces. The least amount of shine, the better! This foundation comes in 12 different shades and a little goes a long way with this formula. The best part is how comfortable it is! The formula is not heavy and does not make you feel cakey. And let me tell you: this foundation does not move. I've even had times I forgot I had foundation on and would rub my face. After my initial freak out, I would look down at my hands and realize I had nothing on them! That's one hell of a relief, if you ask me.


10. Finishing Powder (NYX High Definition Finishing Powder - Translucent)

We're right at the finish line! Just a couple more steps and we'll be done! After all our hard work, we need to seal the deal not once but twice. The first time is with NYX's High Definition Finishing Powder in Translucent. Finishing Powder helps soften fine lines and pores and also locks in your makeup. This particular finishing powder comes in three colors in case you want more coverage or need a bit of color correction. This is another product that follows the guidelines of "a little goes a long way".


11. Setting Spray (Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray)

And now on to the second and final step to "sealing the deal". This is my favorite product because I find it to be the most magical: setting spray! Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray is one of my favorites. I have taken this setting spray through crowded clubs, hot outdoor parties in Miami and, of course, 100+ degree weather at the parks and it has been a dream. It may seem like a trivial second step but I find it to be one that works extremely well. The setting spray claims to keep your makeup intact for 16 or so hours. It. Is. Not. Lying. I love this thing!


12. Chapstick with SPF! (Sun Bum Sunscreen Lip Balm with SPF 30)

THE LAST STEP! We've made it! This step is just as important as sunscreen is. Again, it gets hot in Central Florida and the sun in Walt Disney World is no. joke. It has no remorse and will burn your skin and that includes your lips. Yes, you can get a sunburn on your lips. SPF Chapstick is so important and I love Sun Bum's Sunscreen Lip Balm. They have tons of different flavors but my favorite is the Coconut flavor. This chapstick also has SPF 30 in it which is a blessing. This is one product that, not only do you need to reapply but I encourage you to reapply and often! You can never have too much SPF chapstick!




**BONUS! Lipstick! (Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick & Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink)

Us Pata Sucia Princesses LOVE our lipsticks! Especially red lipstick! We have so much fun with lipstick and love a good Disney pic with bright red lips! If you love wearing lipstick too, I have some products for you! My favorite is Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the color Beso. Here's an example of how incredible this lipstick is: I put it on at 9:07 AM on an Epcot day. I drank around the world (Food & Wine Festival) and reapplied ONCE! And I didn't even need to! I just wanted to clean up the corners a bit! Seriously, this stuff is like paint for your lips! It also doesn't dry out your lips but I still suggest putting on chapstick first and then putting on your liquid lipstick. Sarah's current favorite is Maybelline's Super Stay Matte Ink in the color Pioneer (20). Sarah wore this lipstick on a night out recently where she was "drinking, eating and singing karaoke and it didn't move!" That sounds like a home run to me! Just be sure to base your lips with chapstick first!


AND THAT'S IT, YA'LL! I can confidently say that I own, use and swear by all the products mentioned above and I have never had to reapply any part of my makeup. I am convinced that they all work in tandem to help each other out and it's always nice to not have to reapply anything should you want to put on some makeup for a steamy day at the parks. 

Have any of your own tips? Have a question? Leave us a comment!

Happy Steamy Park Days!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts