Meet The Pata Sucia Princesses



We are Sarah and Gaby, The Pata Sucia Princesses!

We're just two friends who met in college and bonded over our love of all things Disney. About 6 months ago, after years of saying "we need to plan a Disney trip together", we finally did! And just about a month ago, we decided to create a Disney blog together, to share our passion for Disney with the world. We wanted to introduce ourselves formally before posting anything else in the blog, because it is important to us that our readers know and trust us. So here's a little bit of background on who we are and our history with Disney.






I'm Sarah! (aka Rapunzel!)

 I'm 25 years old, a christian, and still live in my native Miami, FL. I am an actor, and work part time at a local Disney Store as a Brand Ambassador, a title which means that I embody the true spirit of Disney for my guests and fellow Cast Members. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that receiving my ambassador badge was one of the proudest moments of my life. I've been visiting Walt Disney World since before I was born (my parents took my older brother while my mom was pregnant with me) and just never outgrew the wonder of Disney magic. Here's a picture of one of my first character dining experiences ever, at The Crystal Palace. My dad loves to tell the story of how Tigger was completely enamored with me, and didn't want to leave our table. According to dad, the restaurant manager had to come out and tell Tigger to move along, and Tigger still managed to circle back around to us on his way out.

The only downside to having been going to the parks my whole life is that I don't remember most of my "firsts". I've never been to Disneyland, CA (or any of the international parks) though so I'm looking forward to experiencing a first visit there soon, and getting to document it on here. Growing up, Disney was just a part of my life in the same way that going to school, or my grandparents' house was. It has had such a hand in shaping who I am. Now that I'm a little older, I understand how blessed I am to have been able to experience the parks so often, and I am indescribably grateful to my parents for allowing me to grow up a Disney kid. That's why I wanted to start this blog, to share my knowledge and love of Disney with others. I so look forward to showing you all more of my Disney side!  


And I'm Gaby! (aka Ariel!)

I'm 26 years old and also still live in my native Miami, FL (born and raised!). I am the Company Manager/Assistant Stage Manager at a Residential Theatre in Coral Gables, FL that has been around for 30 years! I sadly do not work for the Mouse but that's because of the extensive artwork on my body. I have eleven tattoos, seven of which are Disney related which is a no-no for on stage work at Disney but maybe I'll be a backstage employee of the Mouse one day! My first visit to Walt Disney World was when I was two months and a day old (no lie! Take a look at the old school photo with the time stamp on it!)


I even took my first steps at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa when I was a little over a year old. To say that my blood runs with Disney might sound like an exaggeration but I'm not sure it's far from the truth. My parents are the people I have to thank for this! They took my siblings and I to WDW more times than I can even count for which I am incredibly grateful (and indebted to them) for. 'Till this day, if you walk into my parents home, there is original lithographs, signed posters from the Renaissance Disney era and even original decorations that hung from Cinderella's Castle. I am also very into the history and odds and ends that have to do with the Walt Disney Company as a whole. Many of my friends call me a "Disney Nerd" and I hold that title with a lot of pride. If obtaining a degree as a Walt Disney Historian was possible, I'd be first in line! And don't worry, I know no one is perfect, including my beloved Disney Company. I read up on the good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between to be well versed in all things Disney. I am THAT "did you know?" person when you attend the Disney Parks with me (but only if you ask ;)
Sadly, just like Sarah, I have not visited Disneyland in CA or the other International Disney Parks but we both hope to fix that very soon! I feel Sarah said it best when she said "Now that I'm a little older, I understand how blessed I am to have been able to experience the parks so often, and I am indescribably grateful to my parents for allowing me to grow up a Disney kid. That's why I wanted to start this blog, to share my knowledge and love of Disney with others." The magic of Disney never ceases to amaze me and I cannot wait to share that with you all!

We are so excited to have you be a a part of our love for all things Disney and we welcome you aboard! Just remember to "please stand clear of the doors y por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!"

Comments

  1. yas! so happy this is happening. can’t wait to read about all the tips and adventures! love you ladies :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts